Ramsey Solutions Teacher Appreciation Giveaway
Copyright 2019 Lampo Licensing, LLC. All rights reserved.
1. Who Is Eligible: You must be a legal resident of one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and at least 18 years of age. You must also be employed as a certified teacher in a grade level of pre-kindergarten through grade 12 in a public or private high school, middle school, elementary school, pre-school or equivalent homeschool cooperative. United States and Tennessee laws will govern this sweepstakes. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Product purchases or other consideration to The Lampo Group, LLC, (“Lampo”) or Jackson Charitable Foundation will not increase your chances of winning. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. This sweepstakes and prizes are offered for general promotional purposes only, not as an inducement to purchase a particular products or services. Some school districts’ rules may prohibit employees from accepting a prize. Check with your administrators before accepting.
2. Who Is Not Eligible: Executives, owners, and employees of Lampo or of radio stations carrying The Dave Ramsey Show®; ELPs or vendors of The Lampo Group, LLC; any executive or employee of Jackson Charitable Foundation; persons working on this sweepstakes at any level in any capacity or working for any outside companies or agencies involved in this sweepstakes, or if any of your immediate family members fall into any of these categories you are not eligible. Immediate family is defined as spouse, children, and parents.
3. How to Enter: The sweepstakes may be entered online or through the mail. All entries will be treated equally regardless of entry method. Limit one (1) total entry per person. Enter by one of the following methods:
- Online Entry: Entrants may enter by completing and submitting the entry form once, during the entry period, at one of the following URL’s: www.ramseyeducation.com/teacher or www.daveramsey.com/teacher
- Mail Entry: Mail your entry to The Lampo Group, LLC, Attn: Financial Literacy Month Sweepstakes, Education Solutions Department, 1749 Mallory Lane, Brentwood, Tennessee 37027. Your mail-in entry must include your name, address, telephone number, email, school name or other institution at which you teach, and a simple statement affirming your desire to be entered into the Teacher Appreciation Giveaway sweepstakes.
- If an entrant enters both online and via mail, that entrant will be disqualified.
4. Entry Period: Entries will be accepted from April 1, 2019 (12:00 p.m. Central Time), through April 30, 2019 (11:59 p.m. Central Time) (“Entry Period”).
5. Drawing: The winners shall be drawn by Lampo at random via computer program on or around May 6, 2019. The grand prize winner is the first name drawn having met all requirements for entry and availability rules. All other prize winners will be the next names randomly drawn following selection of the grand prize winner(s). No substitution, transfer, or assignment of prizes is permitted, except that we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equivalent value in the event the offered prize is unavailable. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries. If prizes are not claimed or forfeited, Lampo may or may not randomly draw alternate winners.
6. Prizes: The following prizes are awarded to winners meeting the requirements of these terms:
- Grand Prize(s): One grand prize winner will receive $5,000.00 toward a vacation of the winner’s choosing at Premium Resorts of Cook Travel. A second grand prize winner for an additional $5000.00 vacation will be selected if the total number of sweepstakes entries equals or exceeds 5,000 on or before April 12, 2019. Grand prize(s) are limited to vacations through Premium Resorts of Cook Travel* and cannot be used in any other fashion. The vacation(s) must be booked by November 1, 2019; however, vacation and travel dates do not have to take place before November 1, 2019.
- Other Prizes: The following prizes will also be awarded:
- Three (3) winners will each receive $1,000 gift cards and a Ramsey Education Professional Development subscription for their school.
* Neither Lampo nor Jackson Charitable Foundation is affiliated with Premium Resorts of Cook Travel.
7. Announcement of Winners: Winners will be announced on or before May 31, 2019, via telephone call to the winners’ schools or cooperatives. Lampo reserves the right to notify winners by email and/or by a later telephone call if circumstances require.
8. Winner’s Obligations: The prize winners are required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and all other documents or forms. Winner shall also be required to show proof of employment as a certified teacher under these rules. Non-compliance within these obligations may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Unless prohibited by law, the winner grants to Lampo the right to use and publish their names and appropriate images in print, and in any other media in connection with this sweepstakes, without any compensation for advertising and promotional purposes not as an endorsement of any product or business. The winner must sign and return an appropriate IRS form, if applicable, before receiving a prize. To avoid forfeiture and disqualification, all obligations stated in this section must be fulfilled within seven (7) business days from notification of winning.
9. Incomplete or Multiple Entries: Maximum of one (1) entry per person. Multiple automated entries, or entries submitted by others on your behalf, entries submitted by you in excess of the maximum, or entries submitted by you using different identities or addresses, will not be counted and depending upon the circumstance may be considered fraudulent, rendering you ineligible. Incomplete entries will not be eligible to win.
10. Cumulative Prizes: The total value of all prizes awarded during this sweepstakes will be $17,000.00 or $22,000.00 depending upon the number of entries. The vacation packages are valued at $5,000.00 each, the gift cards are worth $1,000.00 each and the school license of Ramsey Education Professional Development are worth $3,000.00 each.
11. Entries Not Received: The Lampo Group, LLC, and Jackson Charitable Foundation shall not be responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. All entries become the property of The Lampo Group, LLC, and will not be returned. Odds of winning a prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Neither product purchases nor email or mobile opt-ins will increase an individual’s chances of winning.
12. Taxes: All taxes on prizes are the responsibility of the prize winners. Winners must sign an IRS form W-9 before receiving any prize. Pursuant to IRS Circular 230, these Rules nor any other communication regarding this sweepstakes are for the purpose of helping you avoid any penalties that may be imposed by federal tax law, and no affected taxpayer may use this sweepstakes or its rules in that manner.
13. Entrant's Agreement: By entering, you agree to abide by the terms of these official rules and by the decisions we make regarding this sweepstakes, which are final and binding on all matters. If you do not agree to that, please do not enter. Receipt of prizes is dependent upon full, timely completion of all requirements.
14. Signing Documents: If you win, you will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and a release before you receive your prize. If you decide you would rather not sign the release which we submit to you, you will not receive your prize.
15. Entrant's Release: Entrants, agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the sweepstakes or any prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Williamson County, Tennessee; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering but in no event attorney’s fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entry hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages increased or multiplied. SOME JURISDICTIONS PROHIBIT EXLCUSION OF LIABILTIY FOR INCIDENTIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO PORTIONS OF THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues or questions concerning validity, construction, interpretation or enforceability of these rules, entrant’s rights or obligations, or the rights or obligations of the sponsor, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Tennessee, without regard to any choice of law rules.
16. Termination of Sweepstakes: We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to disqualify anyone who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the sweepstakes if anything required for its conduct should malfunction or be deemed illegal. Should this sweepstakes be terminated prior to the end of any entry period, which we may do at our sole discretion, a notice will be posted on www.ramseyeducation.com/teacher.
17. Jurisdiction and Venue: Tennessee law applies to this sweepstakes. Void where prohibited for any reason. All disputes resulting in legal action shall be resolved in the courts of Williamson County, Tennessee and Entrant consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of those courts. Should sponsors find it necessary to seek legal assistance to enforce their rights, their damages, if any, shall include its reasonable legal expenses and fees.
18. Disclaimer: Sponsors assume no responsibility for anything that happens outside of our control to delay or prevent your entry, and we assume no responsibility for anything within our control that delays or prevents your entry except where by the exercise of ordinary care we could have kept it from happening or promptly corrected it. Sponsors assume no liability whatsoever related to the prize, including any tax or other issues associated with acceptance, use of the prize, or contracting with the prize provider. Sponsors are not responsible for any tax implications of the acceptance of any prize and makes no representation regarding the tax implications of accepting the prize or using any service of prize provider. The prizes offered are not the result of any endorsement of a service or business. Sponsors assume no responsibility for any prize other than to deliver the prize to the winners upon completion of all requirements.
19. Winners' List: For a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to The Lampo Group, LLC, 1749 Mallory Lane, Brentwood, Tennessee 37027, Education Solutions Department. Requests received later than six months following the last drawing date will not be filled.
20. The Sponsor(s): This sweepstakes is co-sponsored by us, The Lampo Group, LLC, 1749 Mallory Lane, Brentwood, Tennessee 37027, and Jackson Charitable Foundation, 1 Corporate Way Lansing, MI 48951.
22. Rights claimed: Copyright 2019 by Lampo Licensing, LLC, and all rights are reserved. All rights to our trademarks and trade names owned by Lampo Licensing, LLC, and its affiliates, are likewise reserved.